It’s that time of the month again. Time for WWE’s monthly pay per view event. This month’s show is Extreme Rules, dedicated to the types of matches that cement legacies and shorten careers. Last month’s show Payback was pretty solid for plot development, so there’s great potential this Sunday. Here’s hoping I can do better than the roughly 50% accuracy I had on my predictions last month.
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles (Extreme Rules Match)- So there are basically zero rules on this match. I expect it to move all around the arena. I expect interference. I also expect it to take 2 or 3 referees for this match to see a questionable conclusion. Still waiting on that Roman Reigns heel turn, though. *taps watch* Can you win a match in a dirty fashion when it has no rules? Of course he can…
- WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte vs. Natalya (Submission Match; Ric Flair banned from ringside)- Who do I have to beg to for Natalya to win this match? I’m going to predict that she does, but it won’t be because she legitimately won the match. Ric Flair will do something ridiculous to lose the match for Charlotte. I’m hoping that in the meantime this match will at least hold a candle to the one they had on NXT.
- Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn (Fatal 4-Way Match)- This match is going to be wild with precarious alliances and powerful athleticism all over. As much as it pains me to say this, I suspect that rage will keep KO and Zayn from actually winning. Cesaro is kicking butt, but the tape on his shoulder says he’s not quite 100% yet. After he dominates the match, Miz will likely steal the victory. He’s pro at that.
- Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho (Asylum Match)- Everything is Awesooooommmee! I got entirely too excited when I saw the Asylum cage come down on Raw. I don’t even care who wins. The WWE Universe wins this match.
- The Usos vs. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows (Tag Team Tornado Match)- I will be cheering for the Usos during this match, but smart money says the-team-that-shall-not-be-called-Bullet-Club will take this one.
- WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Vaudevillains- Let’s be real… this match is only happening because Enzo got injured last month. There is still potential for entertainment, though. So I’m going to enjoy it. New Day will continue their reign for the time being. Maybe Enzo and Cass will make an appearance?
- United States Champion Kalisto vs. Rusev- I would just be happy to see this match be on the main card and not the pre-show. I’ve never been a fan of Rusev, so I hope Kalisto endures.
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin (No Disqualification Match)- I was surprised to see Ziggler win this matchup at Payback, but I doubt that will happen again. Should be an awesome show that puts Corbin on the radar for a belt in the next few months.
How do you expect each match to go this time around? I’m expecting another good show. Oh yeah, and John Cena will be returning. I forgot all about that. The question is where will he re-insert himself. I’ve enjoyed this break away from him, honestly. Haha. See you on Twitter this Sunday!