Classic Game Fest is an awesome two-day convention held in Austin annually to celebrate retro gaming culture in all it’s forms. There are no Xbox Ones or Alienware. Instead, there are Power Gloves and cartridges as far as the eye can see. And it’s a marvelous thing!
If you’re following me on Instagram, you got to see a bit of our family experience. It’s going to take me a series of posts to share all that Classic Game Fest had to offer. 🙂 So where do we start? With the games! DUH!
We made out like bandits considering we set a spending budget of $200 for Classic Game Fest. Now that doesn’t include leaving the con to eat and things like that. That was just money intended for shopping at the convention. And within that, we managed to score some awesome new peripherals and games (and much, much more; keep an eye out for future posts). Y’all know there is nothing I love more than a good deal. Take a look!
- NES Advantage- Can you say adjustable turbo? At $5, this thing was a steal!
- NES controller- We needed a second USB one after the kids got DJ008 one for Father’s day.
- SNES controller- Also USB connection. DJ008 is putting together a Hyperspin machine for our living room.
- XBox 360 remote- Our Xbox 360 lives in the guest room and spends more time as a Hulu viewer than a game console now, so it made sense to finally get a remote for it.
- Star Ocean: The Second Story- You guys… I never finished this game. The copy I borrowed from a friend had a scratch on the first disk, so once I beat the boss at the end it was never able to finish the cut scene and load the second disc. That has bugged me to this day, but I never found this game at a low enough price to get it. FINALLY… THE BLERD WILL FINISH THE SECOND STORY!!!!
- Star Ocean Till the End of Time- This game was $8. I was not leaving it on the table.
- NBA Give ‘n Go- DJ008 picked this one. I don’t generally play sports games because I suck horribly at them and I’m ok with that.
- NARC- This cartridge is a port of the old 80’s arcade game. DJ008 picked this one too.
- Rad Racer- So now I’ll just admit that I didn’t actively get into gaming until Sega and Playstation. DJ008 picked all the NES stuff. I’ve just been slowly attempting to go back and pick up on things I missed.
- Driver- Grand Theft Auto without hookers!
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell- DJ008 likes stealth games (MGS all day), but never got into Splinter Cell. Now is as good a time as any, I guess.
- Dance Dance Revolution DDRMax2- Candy is my jam… ’nuff said.
I think we got a good haul at Classic Game Fest, don’t you? Come back in a few days to see the nerdcore music, clothes, jewelry, and everything else we got in Austin!