Ladies and Gentlemen of the WWE universe!!! This is the show we’ve wanted for FOUR years!!!! The Shield coming back together for a Triple Threat match AS the main event FOR the championship is EVARYTHANG!!!!! I’m entirely too excited. So let’s see how this month’s show is going to deliver.
- Darren Young vs The Miz for IC Belt- This match could be interesting but I thoroughly expect to see a cheesy mess instead. I’m just glad the silly vignettes that Darren Young and Bob Backlund have been doing will actually amount to something. I predict that Miz wins thanks to interference from Maryse and the rivalry continues for another month or two.
- The New Day vs the Wyatt Family- This rivalry is weird to say the least. But I do get plenty of entertainment from both sides so I look forward to seeing whatever painful spots they come up with. I’m sad that Xavier Woods has been acting like the weak link lately. It will probably lead to a Wyatt Family victory.
- Sasha Banks vs Charlotte for Women’s Title- Welcome back, Sasha. I don’t necessarily agree with her jumping into the title scene so quickly, but I’m just bitter that Naomi, Tamina, and Natalya seem to be passed over as mid-card. I wouldn’t expect Sasha to win this time, simply because SummerSlam is right around the corner. Charlotte will retain for now. I’m hoping wt see Nia Jax come to the main roster through this match, though.
- Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens- One more great match can be expected here. I can’t wait for one of them to get the big belt so they can rekindle this rivalry again in another year or two. For now, Sami wins.
- Zack Ryder vs Rusev for U.S. Belt- I’m happy to see Ryder getting a little shine. I would like to see him win the belt here, but he’d probably drop it to Titus at SummerSlam afterwards. Fine by me. Woo Woo Woo!
- Becky Lynch vs Natalya- I look forward to a technical clinic in this match. I hope Natalya really taps into that “divas of destruction” mode and wipes the floor with Becky. No shade or hate on Becky, she’s cool albeit unpolished. I’m just super extra #TeamNattie.
- John Cena with Enzo & Cass vs The Club- This should be HI-larious as well as hyped. But then they could just hand Cena and Enzo mics and just let them host a roast and I would be entertained. I normally cheer against Cena, but I’m pulling for Enzo and Cass to win. I can’t wait for them to get a tag title run.
- Roman Reigns/Seth Rollins/Dean Ambrose for Championship- I have wanted this match since the Shield first split up! I am so excited that it’s for the Championship and everything! It’s definitely hard to predict who will come out on top, though. I suspect Dean Ambrose will retain, because he’s the craziest one and will therefore risk the most.